Maine clams, pisser clams, Ipswich clams, soft-shell clams and long neck clams are all known as the steamer clam in New England. Steamer clams run a close second to Maine lobster as the seafood of choice for both residents and visitors alike. Clammers dig steamers by hand using a clam rake in the mud and […]
Fresh Clams RSS feed for this section
Hard-Shell Clams Hard Shell clams are sorted and sold according to size…the smaller the clam the more tender and expensive.From Smallest to largest, the categories are: Little necks clams: The most tender: excellent raw, steamed, or used in whole recipes. Top Necks clams: Tender, can be used as little necks. Cherrystones clams: Not quite as […]
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Brewster House Bed & Breakfast is known for its cozy atmosphere and great location. Steps away from L.L. Bean, lobster shacks, and the beautiful Maine coast, Brewster House is a great place to stay in Maine. Not only is the Brewster House known for its excellent hospitality, but their homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are absolutely delicious!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (chunky may be used if preferred, but it tends to be more dry than smooth peanut butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (or morsels)
1. Stir together all except the chocolate chips (or morsels) in medium bowl, using a wooden spoon. Stir in chocolate chips/morsels after the others are well mixed.
2. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
3. Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes or until puffed and golden (Cookies should still be soft in the center). Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, remove to wire rack.
Brewster House Bed & Breakfast is a restored Victorian home with seven spacious guest rooms (two are two-bedroom suites), and all with large private baths. The aroma of fresh ground coffee and sizzling bacon or sausage summons our guests to a gourmet breakfast, made with the freshest ingredients available, local when possible. We are just steps from L.L. Bean and nearly 200 shops and restaurants, and only a short drive from lobster shacks, lighthouses and Maine’s beautiful coast.
Give them a call and they’ll be sure to have your cookies ready, fresh out of the oven!
Brewster House Bed & Breakfast
180 Main Street
Freeport, Maine 04032