As you can see there are plenty of online lobster companies. How do you know which lobster company to choose? Your first step is to make sure the lobster company only ships hard-shell lobsters. The shell of a lobster, called the “exoskeleton”, provides the lobster’s shape as well as an excellent armor protection from enemies. […]
Tag Archives | buy lobster
Watch a lobster delivery go haywire when live lobsters parachute out of a plane in our first You Tube animated video! Live Lobster Delivery since 1999 Live lobster Delivery Since 1999. Fresh from the shore to your door. LobsterAnywhere.com offer premium live lobster delivery and gourmet seafood delivery anywhere in the USA. We go to great lengths […]
You want to learn how to cook mussels? In this article we will show you step by step guide for how to handle, store and cook mussels.
How to Cook Mussels
- Plan to cook fresh (live) mussels soon after they arrive.
- Store mussels in a mesh bag if possible. This will help keep the shells closed.
- Healthy mussels will gape slightly, but if you tap two together they should close quickly.
- Discard any broken or open mussels, or will not close when tapped together.
Generally ½ to 3/4 lb per person is served as an appetizer, and 1 ½ pounds would be a main course for 1 person
- Just before cooking mussels in the shell, they should be scrubbed under cold water.
- Place one to two inches of water, wine or a combination of these, and steam over high heat about five to seven minutes until shells open widely.
- For extra flavor add a dash of wine, garlic/and or butter.
- Discard any that do not open.
- Squeeze lemon juice over mussels and serve with melted butter for dipping.